
A man who was accused of sharing details of properties housing asylum seekers remains in prison despite charges against him being dropped, his family have said.
James Jobson, from Costessey near Norwich, was charged and remanded in custody following anti-immigration disorder in Thetford, Norfolk, but police said on Friday that no further action was being taken.
However, Jobson's family said he had not yet been released and been told it would be Monday at the earliest "due to paperwork".
The Ministry of Justice said: "The lord chancellor has been clear he expects everything possible to be done to ensure Mr Jobson's release immediately. It would be inappropriate to comment further at this time."
The Crown Prosecution Service has been contacted for comment.
Jobson's family told the BBC on Saturday that they were "in bits", but did not want to speak further.
Houses on five streets in Thetford were targeted by crowds over three nights earlier this month.

The 62-year-old had appeared at Ipswich Magistrates' Court on Monday charged with misconduct in public office over the sharing of the properties' addresses.
He was remanded in custody following the hearing and was due to appear at Norwich Crown Court next month.
However, Norfolk Police said on Friday that "it was concluded that the legal test for prosecution was no longer met and the case was discontinued".
The force said: "Officers identified additional evidence which undermined the case against Mr Jobson and the CPS was informed of these developments."
It added that "detectives continue to investigate how information was shared online which led to a number of addresses being targeted".
Do you have a story suggestion for Norfolk? Contact us below.
Get in touch
Follow Norfolk news on BBC Sounds, Facebook, Instagram and X.