
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor won’t be joining King Charles and the royal family for a holiday at Balmoral for fear he’d be made an ‘outcast’.
King Charles is said to have invited his disgraced younger brother to join the family in Scotland, but a friend has revealed Andrew won’t be joining.
‘Andrew feels he’s been abandoned. He feels like he is no longer part of the family,’ a friend told The Sun.
‘He was invited but has got no great desire to be at Balmoral as he has nothing to gain and would be treated as an outcast.
‘What’s the point, he feels, of going all the way there for a much-needed holiday and being treated as an elephant in the room?’
Sign up for all of the latest stories
Start your day informed with Metro's newsletter or get alerts the moment it happens.

Earlier this year, the disgraced former duke moved to a property on the slightly smaller Sandringham Estate, which King Charles personally owns.
Royal sources said that Andrew remains a member of the royal family and ‘there is a duty of care owed to him’.
He moved after disclosures showed the extent of his closeness to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Mountbatten-Windsor has always denied any wrongdoing.
Photographs released last year showed Mountbatten-Windsor in compromising positions, including kneeling over a woman lying on the ground.
Almost a year ago, he gave up his remaining titles following the publication of Virginia Giuffre’s memoirs.

Andrew also saw his coat of arms torn down from Windsor Castle amid allegations about his relationships with Epstein.
The unceremonious removal of a coat of arms is usually reserved for serious cases of high treason or taking up arms against the Crown.
Public outcry against Andrew led to the serious repercussions, but earlier this month it was revealed that he will still have a royal ceremonial funeral even after having his titles stripped.
The disgraced ex-Prince is still on a secret government list of royals who will receive high-profile funerals.
The arrangement is part of the government’s so-called ‘bridge’ plans, which prepare for the deaths of Royal Family members long in advance, the Mail on Sunday reported.
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.
MORE: Princess Eugenie reveals name of baby girl in tribute to Queen Elizabeth
MORE: Prince Harry wants to return to UK ‘every few months’ after ‘happy’ reunion
MORE: Mum killed three-month-old baby by exposing her to ‘sustained’ heat from hairdryer