Double murder hunt launched after two men found dead in flat

Officers were called to Chancellor Street in the Partick area on Sunday afternoon, where Paul Lafferty, 50, and Gary Beatson, 54, were found.
Police Scotland said extensive inquiries are under way in the area.

Detectives believe a knife was used as a weapon during the incident.
Police said they are keeping an “open mind” about whether there was one killer or more than one.
Detective Superintendent Cheryl Kelly, the senior investigating officer, said: “We’re keeping an open mind as part of investigations, it’s very much in its infancy.
“There’s dedicated resources and it’s a significant resource that’s on this in relation to house-to-house, CCTV, forensic services and inquiry teams.
“So, it wouldn’t be fair to comment just now to say if it’s one or more than one person, but it’s obviously part of the investigation. We need to keep an open mind just now.”
Ms Kelly said: “My thoughts are with the families of Paul and Gary at this extremely difficult time and we are doing all we can to get them answers.

“Our investigation into the deaths of Paul and Gary are continuing and I would urgently appeal to anyone with information who has not already spoken with us to please do so.
“It is vital we trace whoever is responsible and we are fully committed to doing this.
“A significant amount of resources have been dedicated to this investigation and there will be a large police presence in the area as these inquiries continue.
“I am appealing directly to anyone with any information, no matter how small or insignificant they feel it may be, should come forward and speak to us. Please do not assume that the police already know the information you have.
“We are keen to hear from anyone who knew Paul and Gary, or who were in the Partick area near to Chancellor Street from Friday morning from 9am, August 14, who seen Paul or Gary or seen or heard anything suspicious.”
Police said that Mr Beatson and Mr Lafferty were known to each other and were last seen on the morning of August 14.

Officers remained at the scene in Chancellor Street on Wednesday, with an officer standing guard at the door to the building in Glasgow’s west end and police vehicles parked in the street.
Superintendent Craig Brady said: “I would like to extend my sympathies to the family and friends of Paul and Gary as they try to come to terms with their loss.
“We understand the significant impact this will have on the local community and I would like to thank everyone for their help so far.
“High visibility patrols remain in the area and there will be an increased police presence as the investigation continues.
“If anyone has any concerns, or information, please speak to officers.”
A major incident public portal has been set up where people can submit information directly to detectives.
It can be found at mipp.police.uk/operation/SCOT26S16-PO1
