Murder probe as man dies days after assault

The junction of Narborough Road and Noel Street in Leicester

Two people have been arrested as part of a murder inquiry after a man died in hospital days after a reported assault in Leicester.

Police said they were contacted on Wednesday by the family of a man who was being treated for life-threatening injuries at the Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham after he was found on Narborough Road at about 06:30 BST on Monday.

The man, who was in his 20s, died from his injuries on Thursday.

Leicestershire Police said a 31-year-old man and a woman, 39, have been arrested on suspicion of robbery and conspiracy to commit murder, and are currently in custody.

In a statement the force said "reassurance patrols" had been taking place in the area since the assault was reported, and urged any witnesses or anyone with information to get in touch.

Det Insp Kevin Hames, from the East Midlands Special Operations Unit, said: "This incident happened on a main route in and out of the city at a time when people may have been travelling to or from work.

"I'm certain there will be people who can help us but have not yet spoken to police."

Get in touch

Tell us which stories we should cover in Leicester

Listen to BBC Radio Leicester on Sounds and follow BBC Leicester on Facebook, on X, or on Instagram. Send your story ideas to eastmidsnews@bbc.co.uk or via WhatsApp on 0808 100 2210.

Related internet links

Original source Murder probe as man dies days after assault

Back to home