Transfer news LIVE: Alvarez to Arsenal twist; Man Utd eye striker deal; double Liverpool boost; Chelsea latest

Transfer news LIVE!
The summer window is edging towards a dramatic conclusion as Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham push for more signings ahead of the deadline. Arsenal are still in pursuit of Julian Alvarez and have held talks over Victor Osimhen, while the Gunners are stepping up their move for Ezri Konsa amid shock links to Jarell Quansah and Jack Hinshelwood. Arsenal are also said to be keen on Christian Kofane as Gabriel Martinelli, Ethan Nwaneri and Gabriel Jesus head for the exit.
Chelsea are remaining defiant on Enzo Fernandez as Manchester City also target Pedro Neto, while Manchester United have been handed a boost over Eduardo Camavinga as they look at a new striker in Igor Matanovic. Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye were left out of PSG’s squad for the Trophee des Champions on Sunday night in good news for Liverpool, who are trying to sign both players. Tottenham are close to deals for Savinho and Cody Gakpo as they also eye Chelsea’s Nicolas Jackson.
Barcelona have now agreed a fee for Rodri, while West Ham are in talks over Joel Piroe as Fulham chase Raoul Bellanova. Follow the latest transfer news, rumours and gossip live below!
Live updates
Liverpool look to have been handed a new double boost over Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye.
The Reds are known to be pushing to sign both Paris Saint-Germain wingers ahead of the September 1 transfer deadline in what would be separate deals.
PSG look to be preparing for their respective exits, with both Barcola and Mbaye omitted from Luis Enrique’s squad for last night’s Trophee des Champions.
They watched from the stands as 10-man PSG were stunned 1-0 by Lens at the Stade Bollaert-Delelis.
Arsenal get new Julian Alvarez update
Arsenal appear to remain in pursuit of Julian Alvarez.
The Argentina striker has been the Gunners’ top attacking transfer target all summer, despite failed attempts to pull off a blockbuster deal for Real Madrid superstar Vinicius Jr.
Atletico Madrid have made it crystal clear that they do not wish to sell Alvarez amid strong interest from Arsenal and Barcelona, but the saga looks far from over as things stand.
ESPN in Argentina report that Mikel Arteta has made another attempt to convince the ex-Manchester City forward to move to north London, only to be told that he is still targeting a switch to the Camp Nou.
ICYMI: Rodri to join Barcelona
That is according to The Athletic and David Ornstein, who reported that the La Liga champions would pay €76.5million to the Premier League side for the midfielder, with a €60m fixed fee and over €11m in very achievable bonuses. Rodri is thought to have signed a four-year deal at the Nou Camp.

Martinez to Juventus off, sights set on Vicario
The Athletic report that Emi Martinez will not join Juventus from Aston Villa, as had been first thought.
The Argentine looked set to move to Italy with Villa due to land Zion Suzuki from Parma as their new No1, but the sides did not agree on the €10million fee that the Premier League outfit were demanding.
Juve are now believed to have turned to Guglielmo Vicario, who is surplus to requirements at Tottenham.

Forest join Delap race
Nottingham Forest have entered the race for Chelsea striker Liam Delap, who wants to remain in the Premier League, talkSPORT reports.
Chelsea are prepared to sell the 23-year-old this summer and have placed a £40million price tag on him. Newcastle United and Everton are also interested, but neither club has submitted a concrete offer.
Man Utd to rival Arsenal for Hinshelwood
Manchester United are tracking Brighton midfielder Jack Hinshelwood as they consider adding a third midfielder, Teamtalk claims.
Arsenal are also keen on the 21-year-old and currently lead the race, with Brighton setting an asking price. Hinshelwood can operate in midfield or at right-back, offering versatility for Michael Carrick's squad.
Cancelo set for Barca
Joao Cancelo is set to make his loan at Barcelona permanent.
Fabrizio Romano reports that the Al Hilal defender, who spent the last campaign back at the Nou Camp, will rejoin Hansi Flick’s side.
Coventry close on striker
Coventry are set to sign Sidiki Cherif from Fenerbahce.
Sky Sports reports that a £20.5million deal has been struck for the Guinean forward.
Leeds star set for loan
Leeds are set to send Sebastiaan Bornauw on loan to Hamburg.
The Belgian defender is set to move to Germany with an option to buy at around £4million, according to Sky Sports.
Nico Elvedi is nearing a move to Elland Road from Borussia Monchengladbach.
Osimhen reacts to Arsenal links
Nigeria and Galatasaray striker Victor Osimhen seemed to suggest he is open to joining Arsenal this summer, while the Turkish club has set a clear stance over his sale.
The striker, 27, only joined Galatasaray on a permanent basis from Napoli last summer, having spent the previous season on loan in Istanbul. He has won a league title in three consecutive seasons, helping Napoli win the Scudetto in 2023 before earning back-to-back Turkish Super Lig honours.
