Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal in Alvarez talks; Barcola agreement; Man Utd Fernandes stance; Liverpool, Chelsea latest
.jpeg?trim=0,0,0,0&quality=75&auto=webp&width=1000)
Transfer news LIVE!
The summer window is kicking into another gear as the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham work on deals to improve their squads before the start of the new Premier League season. The Gunners continue to be linked with Julian Alvarez and Victor Osimhen to bolster their attack, while Ezri Konsa and Jarrel Quansah continue to be of interest in defence.
Man United are aware of interest in Bruno Guimaraes, amid reports of a £43million bid from Galatasaray, and are said to be interested in Adam Wharton and Kim Min-jae. Meanwhile, Liverpool have agreed personal terms with Ibrahim Mbaye as they take another huge step towards a double deal including Paris Saint-Germain star Bradley Barcola.
Chelsea are braced for a Man City bid for Enzo Fernandez following Rodri’s move to Barcelona, while Pedro Neto has admirers in Saudi Arabia. Tottenham are closing in on the signing of Savinho and hope to then add Cody Gakpo to their forward line. Follow the latest transfer news, rumours and gossip live below!
Latest transfer news and rumours
Live updates
Official! Newcastle sign Amar Dedic
Newcastle have signed defender Amar Dedic from Benfica in a deal worth around £30m.
Dedic has signed a five-year deal to reunite with manager Matthias Jaissle, with whom he previously won the Austrian title at Red Bull Salzburg in 2023.
"It's a special feeling and a really big honour for me to join Newcastle United," he said after the move was announced on Tuesday, his 24th birthday.
"I'm really happy to be here and can't wait to start playing for the club and the amazing fans.
"Working with Matthias again was a big factor for me. We know each other well. He knows what I can bring on the pitch and I'm really happy to be playing for him again.
"Playing Premier League football at St James' Park is going to be really special. Every game feels like a big occasion, with an amazing atmosphere. I'm really excited to get started."
Arsenal remain keen to strengthen their defence and attack during the final days of the window.
The Gunners made enquiries about Atletico Madrid defender Marc Pubill before the summer transfer window, but the Spanish club are equally determined to keep the 23-year-old.
The Athletic report that left wing is Arsenal’s priority, though could move for a right-sided forward if the right opportunity becomes available.
Manchester United open Bruno Fernandes contract talks
Manchester United are in contract talks with Bruno Fernandes after the midfielder received a lucrative proposal from Galatasaray.
According to The Athletic, the Turkish club offered the 31-year-old a salary of €20m (£17.1m) per year, but Fernandes wants to remain at United and is discussing a new deal.
His current contract runs until 2027, with an option for a further year. A €65m release clause available to foreign clubs has also now expired.
United are not open to selling Fernandes and maintain they have received no contact from other clubs over the Portugal international.
Chelsea identify Enzo Fernandez replacement
Chelsea will sign a replacement for Enzo Fernandez if the midfielder leaves for Manchester City before the transfer deadline.
According to The Telegraph, City would now have to pay more than £120million for the Argentina international after missing last week’s Chelsea-imposed deadline.
Chelsea remain confident Fernandez could stay and be reintegrated into the squad if City end their pursuit. However, his departure would force the Blues back into the market.
Alex Scott remains an option after Chelsea previously had an offer rejected by Bournemouth, although the England international is also monitored by Arsenal and Manchester United.
Mikel Arteta driving Arsenal's Julian Alvarez bid
Mikel Arteta has made another personal approach to Julian Alvarez as Arsenal continue their efforts to sign the Atletico Madrid forward.
TEAMtalk report that the Gunners remain keen on the Argentina international, who has reiterated to Arteta of his desire to join Barcelona.
Arsenal therefore face a difficult task in changing Alvarez’s mind, despite Arteta’s direct efforts to convince him to move to north London.

Liverpool 'offered Barcola discount' as agreement reached in PSG talks
Liverpool have taken another huge step towards signing Bradley Barcola with Paris Saint-Germain reportedly lowering their asking price for the France star.
PSG team-mate Ibrahim Mbaye is also a target, with French publication RMC Sport reporting on Monday that Liverpool have agreed personal terms with the young striker as they continue talks with PSG over a sensational double raid.
The major obstacle, though, has been the transfer fee for Barcola.
PSG had previously placed a valuation of about £145m on the France international, a figure Liverpool were unwilling to meet. However, reports now suggest that the French champions have reduced their demands to as low as £110m, potentially bringing the two clubs closer to an agreement.
French outlet Jeunes Footeux report that PSG’s recent transfer business - signing the likes of Ferran Torres and Mika Godts in bolster the attack - means the demands placed upon Barcola’s head could be relaxed.

Victor Osimhen responds to Arsenal links
Victor Osimhen seemed to suggest he is open to joining Arsenal this summer, while the Turkish club has set a clear stance over his sale.
The striker, 27, only joined Galatasaray on a permanent basis from Napoli last summer, having spent the previous season on loan in Istanbul.
And as Arsenal look to add firepower to their ranks, he has reportedly been discussed as a potential option.
Liverpool continue talks over double PSG swoop
Liverpool remain locked in talks over deals for Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye.
The Reds want to sign both forwards from the European champions, according to Fabrice Hawkins, and the former is their top target.
The two clubs have still not reached any kind of agreement, however, with distance between them over valuation of the two players.

Man Utd face Fernandes transfer challenge
Manchester United are looking to tie Bruno Fernandes down to a new contract.
The Athletic reports that Galatasaray have offered the United skipper a bumper deal to move to the Turkish Super Lig, which could double his wages.
The 31-year-old has one year left on his current contract at Old Trafford.

Chelsea set new Fernandez price
Chelsea now want more than the initial £120million they previously demanded for Enzo Fernandez.
The Telegraph reports that if the Blues are to sell the Argentine, then they would want significantly more for the midfielder than they had asked for before.
The west Londoners had set a deadline of 5pm BST last Friday for any suitors to lodge offers, but it passed with no bids tabled.
