Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal triple deal, Alvarez boost; Man Utd medical; Chelsea signing; Liverpool latest

Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal triple deal, Alvarez boost; Man Utd medical; Chelsea signing; Liverpool latest

Follow the latest news, rumours and gossip across summer window
Transfer talk: Ezri Konsa, Julian Alvarez and Carlos Baleba

The summer window is really heating up again as Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham all look to complete some huge deals before the deadline. Arsenal are set to sign Ezri Konsa as he undergoes a medical on Thursday, while the Gunners are also moving for Manchester United duo James Scanlon and Habeeb Ogunneye in a shock double raid. Arsenal have been handed a fresh boost over Julian Alvarez, while the likes of Kenan Yildiz and Victor Osimhen remain on their radar, along with Jarell Quansah and Jack Hinshelwood.

Carlos Baleba will undergo a medical at Manchester United as Marcus Rashford prepares to stay put, while Chelsea have beaten Barcelona to Alfie Osborne and are braced for a bid from Manchester City for Enzo Fernandez. Liverpool are still working on moves for Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye, with Curtis Jones heading to Inter Milan and Ifeanyi Ndukwe going out on loan.

Tottenham are pushing for Omar Marmoush in addition to Savinho and Cody Gakpo, while Manchester City want Manu Kone as they wrap up talks over Ayyoub Bouaddi. Follow the latest transfer news, rumours and gossip live below!

Live updates

Chelsea beat Barcelona to Alfie Osborne deal

There’s a done deal at Chelsea, who have officially now signed Alfie Osborne.

The former Hearts Under-18s captain has swapped Tynecastle for Stamford Bridge in a deal believed to be worth around £400,000.

Chelsea are said to have fought off rival interest from Barcelona in Osborne after he left Hearts earlier this summer.

The Scotland U19s defender has signed a four-year contract in west London running until 2030.

Tottenham are working on a double deal for Manchester City duo Savinho and Omar Marmoush.

Spurs have been trying all summer to complete a move for Brazilian winger Savinho, who has expressed his desire to leave the Etihad Stadium in search of more regular starting opportunities.

It has now emerged that Tottenham are also attempting to sign Savinho’s City team-mate Omar Marmoush, who is similarly looking for pastures new following a disappointing individual campaign last term.

Spurs also want Cody Gakpo as they target three more new additions before the deadline, though Sky Sports claim they are waiting for Liverpool to first sign either Bradley Barcola or PSG team-mate Ibrahim Mbaye - or both.

If they don’t get Gakpo, it is said that Tottenham could go after Chelsea’s Pedro Neto instead.

Carlos Baleba set to undergo Man Utd medical

Carlos Baleba looks set to finalise a move to Manchester United.

The Cameroon midfielder has long been a transfer target for the Red Devils, who have been on the hunt for a third midfield signing this summer after previously completing moves for Andrey Santos and Youri Tielemans.

Per Sky Sports, United - who almost signed the player at this time last year - are close to a full agreement with Brighton for Baleba worth in excess of £60m.

They say the deal is close enough that a medical is being readied for Baleba, who is preparing to travel to Manchester after agreeing terms on a five-year contract.

He is expected to miss the first few weeks of the season with an ankle ligament injury.

Arsenal handed major new Julian Alvarez boost

As if all that wasn’t enough for Arsenal, they also look to have been handed a huge fresh boost over Julian Alvarez.

The former Manchester City star is among Mikel Arteta’s top targets as he seeks to make a statement striker signing before the summer transfer deadline on September 1.

Alvarez was left out of Atletico Madrid’s squad for their LaLiga opener against Malaga last night as he continues to work on his fitness after returning from a post-World Cup break, as head coach Diego Simeone previously said he would be.

However, despite not being involved the Argentina international was subject to insulting chants from a small section of the home crowd at the Metropolitano Stadium.

The good news for Arsenal is that, according to ESPN, Barcelona have now halted their own pursuit of Alvarez and are actively looking at alternatives as they seek to sign a new striker following the respective exits of Robert Lewandowski and Ferran Torres.

Barcelona had been the firm frontrunners for the player and saw a €100m bid rejected by Atletico earlier this summer, with Alvarez desperate to move to the Camp Nou.

Arsenal raid Man Utd for Scanlon and Ogunneye

It seems that three new signings could now be imminent at Arsenal, with two more deals moving close after the £51m agreement for Ezri Konsa.

The Gunners look to be making a shock double raid on rivals Manchester United for two of their highly-rated young talents.

According to The Athletic, Arsenal are confident of finalising the signings of both Gibraltar international midfielder James Scanlon, 19, and 20-year-old right-back Habeeb Ogunneye.

Rashford drops Man Ud transfer hint

Marcus Rashford has issued another indication that he could be staying at Manchester United this season.

The forward has returned to his boyhood club after two loan spells at Aston Villa and Barcelona in the past season and a half.

Now 28, the forward has ignited conversation about his future once more after replying to a ‘Stick to Football’ clip on social media.

Ezri Konsa to complete £51m Arsenal move today

Ezri Konsa is set to complete a switch to Arsenal today.

understands that a deal worth at least £51m has now been agreed with Aston Villa for the versatile England defender to move to the Emirates Stadium.

Konsa is poised to undergo a medical in north London on Thursday ahead of signing a long-term contract with Arsenal as their fifth signing of the summer transfer window so far, following Piero Hincapie, Illan Meslier, Christos Tzolis and Bruno Guimaraes.

Ederson explains Man Utd move collapse

Ederson has explained why his proposed move to Manchester United fell through this summer.

The Brazilian looked set to become Michael Carrick’s frst summer signing as the Red Devils’ permanent boss, but a long transfer saga ultimately ended in disappointment for the Brazilian, who did not get his switch to the Premier League.

The midfielder, 27, was reported to have failed a medical at Old Trafford, with the United doctors thought to have had doubts over his fitness levels.

Now, Ederson has broken his silence ahead of the new Serie A season, having signed a new deal at Atalanta.

Spurs chase Marmoush

Tottenham are in talks over a deal to sign Omar Marmoush, and it appears that the striker has already made up his mind.

David Ornstein reported on Wednesday evening that Spurs were looking into a double raid at Manchester City, eyeing moves for both Savinho and Marmoush as Roberto De Zerbi continues to try and strengthen his squad.

Arsenal want Yildiz

Tuttomercato claims that Arsenal have made a strong comeback in the race to sign Kenan Yildiz.

The Gunners are expected to submit an official offer worth €100million soon.

Original source Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal triple deal, Alvarez boost; Man Utd medical; Chelsea signing; Liverpool latest

Back to home